21 Self-esteem tidbits! A good list to review in 2021.
I call myself a recovered people pleaser. I am a master of reading energies in a room and making people feel comfortable, all of which is extremely exhausting. I am not doing this anymore as it would lead to burn out city rather quickly. The road to recovery has been very long but so worth the investment while figuring out how to build confidence and finding strength in myself. I can fully rely on and trust myself due to my self-awareness, investing in personal development and a four year education/degree of dealing with family history lol.
I have accumulated tons of experiences and training but the list I will present will be a doable list that you can use yourself without signing up for expensive workshops or training:
1. Read the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying. Life is about suffering and how to deal and cope with it will set you free
2. Walk in nature
3. Helping others, volunteering
4. Sitting with your grief and pain to find the real problem, go deeper
5. Conflict resolution, don't be afraid to open your heart today and state what you need
6. Stop worrying about what other people think about you, they are preoccupied on what they think you are thinking about them. Please unfreeze and thaw
7. Constantly seek feedback and ask for feedback from others. It may hurt but it is the best shortcut to growth which will lead to immediate success if you apply it
8. Apply yourself. Do what you got to do as soon as you can
9. Eat the biggest frog in the morning-deal with the heaviest problem asap
10. Sometimes you just have to put it out there. See what happens and move on
11. Treat yourself to an amazing cup of coffee or tea
12. Tell somebody you love them today. If they aren't open to hear it please do not explain or back paddle why you shared it. Just say you needed to tell them and discard any insecurities
13. Sweat equity, know thyself. Won't be easy but worth all the time in the world. Will save your tons of pain
14. Don't take shortcuts...ever
15. Read and learn all about what puts your soul on fire and then share it with others!
16. Don't buy into what other people are telling you if it isn't constructive feedback. Haters will always hate
17. Treat your heart with tender care. Always. No room for negotiation as you are doing your best to get where you want to be
18. Be honest with yourself and ask for help. You don't need to know everything
19. Read Living in the Light with Shakti Gawain. One of my first spiritual books I found in 1997. Such a yellow and vibrant cover and message!
20. Let go of old thoughts and habits. At least replace negative thoughts with something more effective than sitting in misery
21. Jumping jacks works and the best energy changer ever!
So these are my musings in the dark, rather unknown conditions at the end of 2020. There is a pendulum in life, it swings back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. You have to experience both sides of the pendulum to find the middle. If you are a comedian, you have an intense, funny streak and you may have a dark, depressive side. So there goes the pendulum back and forth to two extreme feelings. Very funny and very dark. I think it is part of human behaviour to have two sides and you are never sure which side will win each day. The middle is neutral, the NOW. We all have this pendulum but we may never understand both sides if we aren't aware. If we have that self-awareness/curiosity of self, we can deal with the extreme sides to find the NOW/middle way.
In life, when feeling sad, I go deep, very deep and I sit with my feelings and let my eyes be filled with tears..I cry..I don't try to avoid my feelings; it's so cleansing sitting with those tears for all kinds of reasons. After the tears, I will be filled with endless joy and enthusiasm. And so it goes. I cleanse and then filled with joy. It is a constant balance in living life. If I tried to avoid my sadness, I wouldn't have so much fun and a childlike attitude about life. It's worth it..
Have you been thinking, thinking, thinking and sitting still? Stop the stagnation! LOL. I totally understand if you lost your mojo to start something new, being creative, writing, painting, reading etc. But remember that you have done it before and you will do it again. Step into the movie you created as you have done in the past. You know what I am talking about, you saw yourself doing something and you gave yourself permission to do it so go ahead! Take charge and become the main lead again. You can do it, you have done it before. Find the magic, read about magic, look at magical pictures. That's how I start re-connecting with the marvellous vibes and energy that is out there. And of course my tuning forks and crystal singing bowls that will get me to that magic place sooner :D.
My name is Annica Johansson and I am an Intuitive Healer and Artist. I am writing about personal development, daily musings, spirituality and depicting mother nature's amazing beauty. Welcome!